Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Fried rice

I've wanted to try making fried rice for a while. I finally did, with about three cups of leftover rice from the prior night's dinner.

I started from this recipe from the Food Network, modifying the ingredients to omit the meat and use different vegetables. I used ginger, onion, carrots, and mushrooms for the veggies.
Once cooked, they were moved to a bowl. Then I scrambled four eggs in the wok, which stuck, despite oil and teflon. Then I added the cooked eggs to the vegetables in the bowl. Finally, I cooked the rice. Here's it all mixed together.
Husband added some soy sauce to his at the table (he also had it with a piece of salmon). I left it plain. I used a lot of ginger, so there was plenty of flavor without soy sauce.

It was easy and a good way to use some leftover rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment