Monday, April 27, 2015

Baked potatoes with chive yogurt and sautéed mushrooms

We've received lots of potatoes this winter. With the chives in the recent week's box, I decided to make baked potatoes. I washed the potatoes and cut an X into each one. Then I put them into my toaster oven at 325 for an hour.

In the meantime, I made greek yogurt with chives. I also mix in some salt and pepper.
Let chill in the refrigerator to let the chives meld into the yogurt.

I also sliced some cremini mushrooms and sautéed them in butter.
I didn't time them, but I probably cooked them about 15 minutes.
I served the mushrooms and chive yogurt...
...with the finished baked potatoes.
To eat, cut a potato open on your plate and top with as much or as little of each of the toppings. You could add a grated cheese as well, but I held off. (Long time readers will likely find it shocking that I declined an opportunity to use some cheese.)

We had spinach with almonds and raisins with this dinner. Husband had meat too, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment