Friday, November 14, 2014

Drying parsley

Over the past few weeks, I received two large bunches of parsley in the boxes. Today, I dried it.

I washed the parsley and put it on a kitchen towel, then removed the leaves from the stems. I let the pans sit out a bit on the counter to let the leaves dry.
I dried it in a 175 degree oven, checking it every 10 minutes. It took about 30 minutes to dry the parsley. It probably would have taken less time if I had let more of the water dry off the parsley before putting it into the oven.

When it was done, I turned off the oven and let it sit in there for an hour, to cool and to finish any last drying.
I then took the pans out of the oven and let them sit for another hour or so.

Then I put the parsley into a jar for storage. (The jar is from maple syrup we had years ago. I like the shape of the jar. For some reason, it's become my parsley container, perhaps because it's easier to find with the tall container.)
I didn't take a photo, but I used a funnel and a metal skewer to get the parsley into the jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment