Friday, November 7, 2014

What's in the box, 11/6/14 edition

In this week's box: bok choy, broccoli rabe, watermelon radishes (one small, one huge), a very large head of escarole, parsley, leeks, rainbow carrots, hakurei turnips, several types of beets, and a butternut squash.
I made David Chang's carrots this past week and might make them again soon. I'd also like to roast some carrots with last week's fennel, which I mentioned in last week's post but didn't actually do this week. I haven't made the slow roasted carrots with cherry sauce and hazelnuts in many months; it might be a good choice for a side to go with a whole chicken the husband is planning to roast over the weekend.

Some of the beets will be eaten raw in salads, with others roasted for eating on their own or to be put into other salads (I haven't made this beet and citrus salad in a while). Hmmm.... A salad with both raw and roasted beets? I might also make the shockingly pink pasta again, since there were lots of beets in the box this week.

2 comments:

  1. I'm afraid to tell you this, but we got our first purple top turnips in last week's box....

    ReplyDelete