Monday, November 3, 2014

Roasted oyster mushrooms

I bought some oyster mushrooms at the store last week.
I decided to roast them with some onion. I set the oven for 375, then prepared the mushrooms. I washed them, then cut them into their individual mushroom pieces. (I saved the thick core in a container in the freezer for later use as veggie stock.) I added sliced onions, salt, pepper, thyme, and olive oil, then stirred.
I roasted them for about 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes for the first two times, then every 5 after the first 20 minutes. They probably were fine to eat after 20 minutes, but I wanted the onions to cook more.
These roasted mushrooms make an easy side dish. Any type of fresh mushroom should be good roasted, although cooking times are likely to vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment