Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy 2015!

Happy new year! We rang in the new year with chocolate mousse with olive oil and salt, something I've made a few times for special occasions. It's really easy to make.
The recipe calls for at least 70% chocolate. I used two bars of 85% and one half bar of 90% to get to 9 ounces of chocolate. It turned out very dense and a bit bitter. Go for 70% if you'd like it a bit sweeter. I think I'll go back to 70% the next time I make it.)
I chopped the chocolate in the food processor, as suggested in the recipe.
I then heated one cup of whipping cream and poured it over the chocolate in a metal bowl.
After 2-3 minutes, gently stir the melting chocolate and cream together.
Move it to a small bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let sit on the counter for at least 4 hours.

Serve with a good olive oil and good salt. If you want less, cut the recipe in half. At this amount, it makes enough for 6-8 servings.

If you have leftovers, it can be refrigerated, but will need to be brought back to room temperature before serving it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment