Thursday, January 29, 2015

What's in the box, 1/29/15 edition

In today's blizzard-delayed box...
...butternut squash (the Boston Globe story was definitely predictive), a very large daikon radish (it's as big as the good-sized butternut squash), three small green cabbages (small, smaller, and smallest -- who knew that green cabbages could be cute?), pea tendrils, popcorn, lots of carrots (a good thing, as I was running low on carrots), hakurei turnips, and potatoes.

I definitely have a lot of popcorn on hand now, after four ears in last week's box and four in this week's box, plus some ears from last season as well. Is there anything to do with popcorn besides snacking? Popcorn soup? (Okay, that was meant as a joke, but apparently you can make unpopped popcorn into soup. There are also recipes that put popped popcorn on top of corn soup as a crouton and soups that are made from leftover popped popcorn. All odd. But the recipe for soup from unpopped popcorn uses 3 cups of kernels, which would be a good way to use up some of the backlog of popcorn that I have in my pantry. I will let you know if I try it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment