Friday, January 2, 2015

Parsnip puree with hazelnuts

I asked the husband to peel me some parsnips the other night. He made art: a parsnip forest.
I used the parsnips to make a puree with chopped hazelnuts. Boil the parsnips, chopped into evenly sized pieces, until soft. If you don't have really big chunks, it'll probably take 10-15 minutes. During this time, roast some hazelnuts on the stove top and then chop them (after they cool a bit).
Drain and puree the parsnips with some milk, butter, salt and pepper. Then stir in the chopped hazelnuts.
I found that the hazelnuts added some good flavor and texture to the puree. Husband suggests that a finer chop of the hazelnuts might have been better.

We also made some leeks to accompany our dinner, using this recipe for leeks cooked in butter and brown sugar.
 We served the parsnip puree and leeks with scallops (for me) and trout (for the husband).

No comments:

Post a Comment