Saturday, April 19, 2014

Roasted parsnips and apples

Last night, I tried the roasted parsnips and apples recipe.  I used 4 apples and about 3 pounds of parsnips.  Still used 3 tablespoons of butter, cut into small chunks and placed on top of the parsnips and apples throughout the pan.
I roasted them in a 450 degree oven, stirring them at 15 minutes:
While the recipe had called for 30 minutes of roasting total, I ended up roasting them for 40 minutes.
I added the zest from an orange, then the orange's juice (more of both than was called for in the recipe, but I had more apples and parsnips, plus a bit of extra orange flavor didn't seem like a bad thing).  I added a bit of cinnamon (husband is not a huge cinnamon fan, so I went lighter on it than what the recipe had called for) and salted them.
I ate mine with a dollop of ricotta; husband ate his with a pork chop.  Both of us thought the roasted parsnips and apples were quite good.  I'd make them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment