Friday, September 26, 2014

What's in the box, 9/25/14 edition

Just one box this week, as the supplemental tomato share has ended.
In this weeks' box: cilantro, bell peppers, green tomatoes, garlic, kohlrabi, potatoes, carrots, fennel, rainbow chard, and a bag of greens (perhaps braising, perhaps mesclun - I didn't have a chance to look at it closely yet).

I'm going to freeze most of the cilantro for winter recipes by chopping it in the food processor with a bit of water then freezing it in small ice cubes. Thinking that I'll roast the fennel with carrots as a side one night. One night's dinner might have a Japanese theme, with chard oshitashi and quick picked kohlrabi (cut thinly, salt, drizzle with rice vinegar and some sesame oil). I might try a Spanish tortilla with the potatoes and peppers, as I wanted to try making it with peppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment