Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Links: summer recipes, pie crust cookies, zucchini, cucumbers, and strawberry syrup

This post from Joy the Baker has so many summer recipes that I'd like to try, including combining peaches with tomatoes and fresh mozzarella. Tomato season must be coming one of these days.

Someday I'll be brave enough to try making my own pie crust again. Many years ago, it didn't go so well, but I've learned much since then. When I do try, I want to make the scraps into these pie crust cookies from the Crepes of Wrath.

Continuing the theme of waiting for zucchini, a recipe for zucchini parmesan chips.

A very long list of recipes with cucumbers on Chocolate and Zucchini. This blog's author wrote the French Market Cookbook mentioned in my post on pink pasta, a recipe from the book. I highly recommend the book.

Finally, a recipe for making strawberry syrup. Local strawberries are gone now, but there's always next year.... or strawberries brought down to the farm stand from northern climes.

No comments:

Post a Comment