Thursday, July 31, 2014

What's in the box, 7/31/14 edition

In this week's CSA box from Siena Farms:
Kale, arugula, summer onions, oak leaf lettuce, Savoy cabbage, green peppers, Yukon Gold potatoes, Hungarian hot wax peppers, patty pan squash, a striped zucchini, and a cousa squash. After posting the recipe for the Spanish tortilla in this week's links, I was happy to see the Yukon Gold potatoes, as now I can try making it. More kale pesto with pistachios and lemon zest is also in the near future.

The squash and zucchini were a surprise, not listed in today's email from the farm... meaning that I didn't know that I had them when I stopped at Verrill Farm on the way home, where I bought zucchini (and other things).
Veggies are good, so more must be better.

Used all of the zucchini and some of the tomatoes tonight with pasta.  I'll posted the recipe soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment