Thursday, July 10, 2014

What's in the box, 7/10/14 edition

Today I met a blog reader during some robot testing (not at the farm). Hi Hillary - thanks for reading!

Here's what was in today's box:
Scallions, fennel, two green kohlrabi, lots and lots of baby carrots, a large bunch of chard (are Swiss chard and rainbow chard two names for the same thing?), a small head of red lettuce, a large head of green lettuce, a bunch of basil still with roots, and fava beans. This box was the first time I have received fava beans, as I was traveling last year when the fava beans were in the box (my sister-in-law got it that week).

I promptly put the basil into a tall glass on the counter to keep it fresh. It smells really great.

Tonight, we grilled the fava beans and some of the scallions. A grilling post will come soon. Over the past few weeks, I've been learning that most vegetables come out excellent when grilled with olive oil, salt and pepper.

2 comments:

  1. Grilling seems to be the summer equivalent to our "all root veggies taste good with olive oil/salt/pepper roasted in the oven" rule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly! Nice to meet you too! And thanks to your computer lab - my son loved driving the robot!

    ReplyDelete