Friday, July 25, 2014

Pasta with basil, dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, and feta

I've been getting large bunches of basil in the box for the past three weeks, and I've not been in the mood to make basil pesto. Instead, I decided to make more of a pistou, putting basil, salt and olive oil into the small bowl of my food processor.
Turn on the food processor. Stop once or twice to scrape down the sides. Add more olive oil if it seems dry.
Before I started the pistou, I took out some of the oven dried grape tomatoes from my freezer to thaw.
While the pasta was boiling, I chopped some kalamata olives and crumbled some feta. (Yup, this is a salty pasta.) After the pasta is done, put it back in the pan. Add the pistou and stir it in for a minute. Then add the tomatoes, olives, and feta.
Stir and serve.
If you manage to have any leftovers, it's great cold the next day for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment