Friday, May 9, 2014

Best. Husband. Ever.

I have the best husband in the world.  After I have made many expressions of annoyance with my crappy blender, he bought me a new Vitamix blender.

After unboxing, I tried it out by making watermelon slush.
I put chunks of watermelon and some ice cubes in the blender.  I also added a very small amount of sugar, as the early season watermelon isn't all that sweet.  Then I turned on the blender.
So fast!  So well blended!
I have the best husband (and not just because he buys me cool appliances).

2 comments:

  1. Cool! Husband points for him :)
    I don't have a blender blender, I have a food processor and an immersion blender. Am I missing out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still trying to figure out what each is best for. The immersion blender is my choice for soups (although your mom prefers a traditional blender for this application). The food processor is great for pesto. I really like the blender for making watermelon slush -- and this new blender really handles ice well. I make salad dressing in it last night. I also use it to make spicy peanut sauce for noodles.

    The cookbook that comes with it suggests that you could potentially do everything with this single appliance, but I'm not ready to get rid of the immersion blender or food processor at this time. For me, it was a case of replacing a poorly functioning blender with a really good one; I already had all three things. If I had to toss one, I think it'd be the immersion blender.

    ReplyDelete