Thursday, May 8, 2014

Links: pasta e ceci, spring pastas, and new things in the box

A few thoughts with links:

This post from Food 52 with 10 spring pastas makes me want to cook more pasta.  While the ramp pasta includes pancetta, I note that the recipe calls for cutting the ramps into long thin strips, which I may try with the ramps we got in yesterday's box.  Or perhaps I'll make some ramp pesto, although I generally prefer to see the ramps, rather than blending them in a way that makes them seem like many other vegetables.

I had horchata in Costa Rica last year.  I keep wanting to try to make some, but never have.  This recipe for strawberry horchata seems like a good one.  

For the past few years, I've been making pasta e ceci from this recipe recommended by my Italian friend.  While the photos in that post make it look soup-like, mine is always a bit thicker, with the blended chickpeas more like a loose pasta sauce than soup, which I prefer.

Apparently garlic chives are also known as Chinese chives.  Here's a recipe for cooking them with eggs, as well as some info about them.  Given the comparison of them to ramps, I'm wondering if it would make sense to combine them with ramps or, perhaps more interestingly, make two sauces for pasta to compare ramps to the garlic chives.

I also searched for kohlrabi greens, as we got some in the box and they are new to me, finding a recipe for stir frying them with some toasted sesame oil and soy sauce.  It appears that one should cook kohlrabi greens, as I can't find recipes for using them raw.

No comments:

Post a Comment