Monday, October 27, 2014

Roasted broccoli

Just as I've been roasting cauliflower, I've also been roasting broccoli.
Unlike the cauliflower, I cut the head of broccoli in half. I suppose you could cut off the stem to make the head of broccoli look more like a head of cauliflower, then roast it whole, florets up.
I brush olive oil on both sides, then sprinkle on salt and pepper. I roast with the cut side down. If the broccoli is on its own, I set the oven for 400 degrees. It'll take about a half hour to roast (longer is fine too as it adds more charring and flavor). With something else in the oven, roast it at the temperature for the other recipe. Test the broccoli after the first 20 minutes, then every 5-10 until it reaches the tenderness that you like.
I have been enjoying the roasted broccoli and cauliflower much more than their steamed counterparts. It's good cold as well, if you have leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment