Saturday, August 2, 2014

Chard tzatziki

When I made the chard oshitashi, I made chard tzatziki at the same time with this recipe from the Martha Stewart web site, as they both called for the chard to be boiled about 4 minutes then plunged into an ice bath.

As I had cooked all of the chard together, with just a rough chop, I removed some leaves from stems to use in the tzatziki, then finely chopped it. I added it to a cup of fat-free greek yogurt in a container.
Then I added 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, one tablespoon of olive oil, some salt, and some cayenne pepper. Don't skip the cayenne; I think the tzatkiki would have been rather plain without it.
Stir together and chill.
I had it for lunch the next day, with pita, green peppers, and carrots for dipping.

It was fine, but I will be making chard oshitashi with all chard from the farm (and, just hypothetically, the two bunches I might have bought yesterday) from here on out, given that it's so easy and so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment