Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Couscous with grilled vegetables

We grilled veggies again. New to the grill this week are fairy tale eggplants and Hungarian hot wax peppers.
We had some veggies left over, which I put into the fridge overnight. The next day, I made some couscous and chopped up the leftovers. (Note: husband had eaten all of the hot peppers the night before. I wouldn't have included them if we had them left.)
Pour some boiling water over some raisins to rehydrate them a bit.
When the couscous is finished, stir in the chopped veggies, drained raisins, and some nuts for crunch. I used almonds this time. Pecans would also be good. Dried cranberries would be a good substitute for the raisins as well. Or dried cherries. Experiment.
You could also add some feta cheese if you'd like. I won't tell anyone.

I like the salad on the cold to room temperature side, so I don't warm up the veggies. If you want to have everything warm, heat up the veggies before mixing everything together.

No comments:

Post a Comment